Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Actress Anusha talks about bringing up two adopted girls

Anusha, model and actress, is bringing up two girls she has adopted.

The Venkata in Sankata actress first adopted Sangeetha (12) seven years ago and Maheshwari (7) two years ago.


Happy family: Anusha with Maheshwari (left) and Sangeetha


"Both these girls are from very poor families in Suryapet, Hyderabad, my mom's native place. When I was young, I lost my father and I know how difficult it is to come up in life. Due to financial problems, I started working during my college days. So, I decided to adopt these children and want to give them a good education, see to it that they get a good job and marry nice guys."

Sangeetha is studying in the seventh standard at Christ School while Maheshwari is in the first standard at Johnson Public School, HSR Layout. "Both study very well and are among the top five in class. Sangeetha wants to become a doctor and Maheshwari a teacher," says Anusha.

Anusha loves teaching kids and helps them with their homework. While at it, she also teaches children in the neighbourhood.

"Both of them are very attached to me and my mother. They call me akka (sister) and my mother amma," she says.

Sangeetha's biological mother works as a domestic help and her father as a coolie while Maheshwari's mother is a housewife. Her father works in a field.

"I call their parents and make them talk to these kids. Their parents come during vacations and stay with them for about a week. During their stay, they go sight-seeing in Bangalore. These kids don't like to go home and are more comfortable with us. They love watching movies and I take them to PVR every once in a while. They also love dancing."

And the best part is that the two girls are "very attached to each other".

"I want to take care of them till the end," says Anusha.

No comments:

Post a Comment